Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

KCAT CAN: Our Best Friend's Wedding


Our best friend's wedding
by Maria Kathrina Lopez Yarza 
October 1, 2012

I am so blessed because all of the close friends that I knew from when I was growing up are still the same people whom I call friends.

The lyrics “For good times and bad times, I'll be on your side forever more. That's what friends are for,” exactly describe the friends that I have. They grow in number but none of them ever left and empty their spot in my heart. And among these best people in my life are my longest and closest best friends Michelle and Daisy.


Daisy, Michelle and I were friends since we were kids. We grew up together, from playmates, confidantes, motivators, advisers, secret keepers, critics, supporters, and everything else. The three of us are also good in organizing mini projects and events, with the help of our childhood friends, the GYA Peeps.

I am who I am right now not only because of what I learned and the circumstances I’ve been through, but because my friends influenced my attitude towards life.

It was in 1997, when Daisy taught me about the “mind over matter” attitude. It was not a serious matter at that time, we were only in our teens, but I started applying it. Daisy is a great motivator and has one of the best listening ears a friend could ask for. When my computer suddenly died on me without having saved the files, Daisy said that I should just think that because of what happened, I could make the new one better than the first.

When I had my first boyfriend in 2003, I wrote in my blog that I would throw a party when Michelle or Daisy would finally show interest in “real” guys and not boys from the band, from Hollywood, or from anime and cartoons.

So I was really thrilled when in 2007, Daisy told me about her boyfriend, Jeff, and when they got engaged and planned their wedding. Daisy teased me and challenged me to walk on her wedding day. I took the challenge seriously and since then, I had been practicing to perfect my walk.

Back in 2006, it was Michelle who led the GYA Peeps for an “Operation Palakasin si Kcat” in order to help me gain my strength back. It was a success, of course. Michelle is really persistent and determined when it comes to me, and that’s one of the things I love about her.

WALKING ON WEDDING DAY

A day before her wedding, Daisy asked me, “Maglalakad ka nga?” She was afraid that I’d get tired or fall.

I said I would walk and I would do everything to make it come true. Thanks to Michelle who practiced with me every day even though she was busy reviewing for her teacher’s board exam.

I may be the only maid of honor who did not do anything during the wedding ceremony but walked, but every step I made showed my love for and dedication to my best friend, on the most important and memorable day of her life.

Congratulations and best wishes to the lovely couple Daisy and Jefferson Sy. Daisy told us before that she wants to get married before she turns 29 and indeed she got married a few days before her birthday on October 4. This shows that the reality of our dreams relies on the choices and decisions we make.



[..] A day before her wedding, Daisy asked me, “Maglalakad ka nga?” She was afraid that I’d get tired or fall.
I said I would walk and I would do everything to make it come true. Thanks to Michelle who practiced with me every day even though she was busy reviewing for her teacher’s board exam.
I may be the only maid of honor who did not do anything during the wedding ceremony but walked, but every step I made showed my love for and dedication to my best friend, on the most important and memorable day of her life [..]


Michelle & Kcat (Daisy's childhood best friends - longest-closest-bestest friends)
Tina & Leni (Daisy's high school best friends)
Jeff (Daisy's husband & best friend)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...