Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

He CANcervive

I got this from Ms. Jacqueline(Jepoy's Sister)'s site.. I don't know Iggy or her mom or anyone who know them.. But I felt like I need to do my part, so I'm not only praying & buying his baller band, I'm also re-posting this..


Here's a letter from Iggy's mom:



20 January 2009

OUR DEAREST FRIENDS…
I am so embarrassed to do this yet, I am humbling myself to ask,please read on..
January 6, 2009 was the worst day of my family’s life,our eldest son, IAN GABRIEL PICART VILLANUEVA, was initially diagnosed to have ACUTE MYELOGENEOUS LEUKEMIA. It is already the 20th of January, and after a 2nd and even a 3rd opinion from different doctors, the diagnosis, sadly is still the same: ACUTE MYELOGENEOUS LEUKEMIA. To aggravate things even, he even has pneumonia. Thus, chemotherapy cannot start just yet. Untreated, he just has 4 months to live…

Treatment plan for Iggy includes at least 3 rounds of chemotherapy and bone marrow transplant! To date, we have already moved from 3 hospitals. Currently we are at National Kidney & Transplant Institute to save on cost.

Though we may belong to a middle income family, the medical expenses that have and are to be incurred is so staggering! The amount needed is about 5 Million. Thinking of how many zeroes the figure has makes me want to give up…But I know I wont and I cant! I will do anything or everything to save my son to the best that I could. Sad but true, I have nothing. Whatever is left of our meager savings has all been used up. Time is essential. The bone marrow transplant will be performed 2-3 weeks from now, and I need funds to deposit before any treatment can be done.

I am literally alone. It’s just Iggy & myself in the hospital. Friends & relatives come to visit but I cannot compel them to do more. I am a one woman army. Thank God that I have the laptop and my mind as a weapon.

Iggy, is a well rounded individual who I can say is an achiever. From grade school to college he is very athletic: red belter in taekwondo, track & field and basketball. An honor student from pre-school to college, a leader in his own ways.

As a mother, it breaks my heart that such potential should go into waste. He is so young. IT IS MY MOST FERVENT PRAYER THAT YOU BECOME PART OF THE CYCLE OF HEALING. IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE. I HOPE I AM NOT ASKING TOO MUCH. HUMBLY I AM ASKING ANY HELP THAT YOU CAN EXTEND MY FAMILY. WHATEVER MEANS WOULD BE MOST WELCOME. I may not be able to repay your kindness and generosity in this lifetime, but I am confident that God knows.

I am realistic enough to understand how difficult life is today. I am not asking for total dole-out. If at all, any of you are willing to loan me. I would forever be grateful. I promise to pay, although little by little, with interest even. Please,This is already a desperate cry for help, I just cant imagine what is to be.

May I also request continued PRAYERS THAT IGGY NOT GIVE UP, HOLD ON AND BE STEADFAST IN HIS WILL TO LIVE. Likewise, prayers THANKING FATHER GOD FOR THE HEALING.

Thank you very much for taking time out to read this letter. I know in my heart that you will be able to help me and my family one way or the other. May the Good Lord always bless you and your loved ones.

Respectfully,


VIVIEN ‘BENG’ VILLANUEVA

Mother
09176201969

Account:
Vivien Villanueva
BDO s/a: 3010063053 (Bacolod Capitol Shopping Branch)
SECURITYBANK c/a: 0242517530001 (Bacolod Rizal Branch)

Please re-post.. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Kat,

    "God will always make a way when there seems to be no way."

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes of course! let's pray 4 him..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...