Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

KCAT CAN: Choose Happiness

Read
Choose Happiness

“I want to have a reason to be happy like Kcat,” reads this Facebook status from my friend Cecille.

I told her that she can be because she has a lot of reasons to be happy like being alive, waking up to a beautiful morning each time, being surrounded by family and friends, and having a job.

“Don’t wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you’ve got to make yourself,” says a quote from American author Alice Walker.


I am the type of person who is fond of looking for something to be happy about even from the most insignificant and trivial things. I believe there’s happiness in everything and it’s up to us to choose to see it. I know I’m not the only person with this kind of outlook in life so I asked some of my family and friends why they are happy.

My cousin JB said that happiness is a state of mind, “therefore I set my mind on happy thoughts.”

“I’m simply happy because I can always act as myself,” my friend, Dra. Grace claimed.

Our family friend, Tita Annie said the reason that she’s alive and breathing makes her happy. She shares, “I intend to enjoy every moment, every minute, every hour and every day I am here on this earth.”

One of my NF friends, Lena said, “Happiness is a choice,” and she chooses a worry-free and positive life despite the odds.

“I’m happy because Jesus Christ is in my life,” shares my aunt Angie.

“It’s happy to be happy. It’s sad to be sad,” my sister Talitha wrote. It may sound like just a play of words but when you think about it, this statement actually makes sense and this is also what I believe in.

Yes, most of the time, we have no control over the negative things that come into our lives. It is sad, but like happiness, sadness is also a choice. And I choose to remove sadness from my life. I don’t like being sad because it makes me feels sadder. I’ll just make myself suffer more if I continue being sad. Instead, I choose to find happiness even when there are times that it isn’t visible. But if we really find it, we’ll see and feel it.

Happiness is a choice, and so is sadness. So, what are you going to choose? Let’s choose happiness by accepting everything about ourselves, by letting other people come into our lives and by loving God above all things. Once we’ve decided to be happy, we can choose to multiply this happiness by sharing it with others.

SHARE YOUR HAPPINESS

According to studies, happiness is contagious and can spread from people to people. Not only does happiness come from our own choices and actions, it can also depend from how happy other people are. Seeing someone smile can momentarily lift one’s spirits. Our own happiness can positively affect others, too.

Since 2007, we’ve been doing a gift-giving event at the charity wards of Philippine General Hospital (PGH) in celebration of my birthday.

On May 17, I’ll be having my 8th MAY Birthday Project and just like in the past projects, I will be needing everyone’s help to share the happiness to the patients of Pediatric Wards (9 and 11), Pedia Intensive Care Unit (PICU) Neurosurgery (brain and spine), and Neurology (Ward 5).

Receiving gifts is part of celebrating birthdays and ever since this project started, I’ve been asking my family and friends to gift me with toiletries and toys that will be given to these patients. It is really fulfilling to know that we have given care, happiness, strength, hope and inspiration to lot of people in a single event.

I want you to experience this happiness as well by supporting this birthday project. Together, let us share our time, effort, and resources to give the sick and the needy the hope to live a happy life. Join us. Donate. Share. Care. You may contact my mother Madge Yarza at 0927-2459400 or me at 0915-1325228 /0923-5219600.

Sharing doesn’t really have price tags. What matters most is that we are able to share our hearts and make these patients happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...