Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Wishlist 2012: MAY Birthday Project on May 12

... In 2007, while travelling by car with my family, I was thinking aloud, “I want to celebrate my birthday with the kids in the hospital." Ideas kept coming out of my mind, but I told myself, “But we are not rich, how can we fund the event?”


Then I came up with a solution, “I will share my blessings, and these blessings are my friends.”


Sharing doesn’t really have price tags and the event does not need to be grand. What matters most is to share our hearts and make those patients happy. I want to make them smile even with the hardships they are in. And so this is the start of MAY Birthday Project! ...
(from my article Blessing shared - 06/06/2011)
----------


The month of May is fast approaching and it's gonna be my birthday once again! It's not that I am excited to add another number on my age (age are just numbers anyway), but I'm sooooo excited for 
MAY Birthday Project
Annual gift-giving at PGH
We will be holding it on May 12 - Saturday, a day before my actual birthday at Philippine General Hospital and make the sick patients of Pedia Wards (there are 2), Neurosurgery Wards(w/ spine) and Pedia ICU - all these are charity wards. And hopefully, we can also make the children of Pedia Cancer ward smile this year.

I need your help once again by give me a birthday gift/s from my wishlist:
Alcohol
Cotton
Tissue
Powder
Soap
Diapers (for kids and adults)

and other toiletries & necessities that you can think of

Toys (preferably new)

Monetary donations are very much welcome since we'll be buying foods and other goodies to make this event extra fun!

Having been confined in the hospital a number of times, I know that these toiletries are really of use to these patients. So that Instead of using whatever money they have come up with to buy those things, we’re are going to gift it to them instead; with foods of course! And because it's boring to just stay in the hospital bed, we're gonna give the kids something to play with.

MAY Birthday Project has been going on for 6 years now and I'm really happy to know, feel & see that we have given them care, happiness, strength, hope & also inspiration. It's an achievement indeed!

Please help me make this event a success once again by sharing and donating. If you wish to be part of MAY Birthday Project this 2012, please get in touch with my mom, Madge Yarza, at 09272459400 for donations and queries. Deadline of donations will be on May 4 (Friday), since we will have to repack and prepare everything before the event.


Want to join us on MAY Birthday Project on May 12, 2012? Of course you can. Just let us know to know the details. I promise you this is a FUN and fulfilling event! As in SUPERRR!


Said the King to the sheep: “I became hungry and you gave me something to eat, I got thirsty and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger and you received me hospitably; naked, and you clothed me. I fell sick and you looked after me. I was in prison and you came to me.” How could the sheep do all this for a heavenly King? “Truly I say to you,” said Jesus, “To the extent that you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.”—Matthew  25:35, 36, 40

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...