Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

KCAT CAN: Random

The topic of this column was inspired by the randomness of my gorgeous frootie college friends.. :P

Life is varied, colorful, and full of surprises. How we wish that it would always be as sweet as honey, for ourselves and for our loved ones; but well, it will never be like that. Nonetheless, no matter how spicysaltysour, or bitter life may taste, it is always good to remember that your existence matters, so better get moving and move forward with your life. Go Go Go!


Random
by Maria Kathrina Lopez Yarza 
February 6, 2012


 I went out with my college friends to welcome Gemma who is based in Dubai and whom we have not seen for six years. We exchanged lots of stories and laughed our hearts out, and then went to a bar to hang out.

That was so random. It has been years since I entered a bar. I needed to climb up about five steps before reaching the entrance. There was no wheelchair ramp maybe because finding no wheelchair-bound person has ever entered this bar.

I was a “gimikera” before I got sick. My friends even reminded me that I was the one who taught them how to drink liquor, and brought them to bars during in college.

This brought random thoughts swirling in my mind — that life is so unpredictable and all these random things are the result of the choices we made. We sometimes think that what happens to us is sometimes without reason, but, truth is, we had previously done or said something to make it happen.

Our life is all planned out even before we were born, even the random and unexpected things that happen. No matter how pointless our thoughts are, or how random our actions are, these will always have a purpose in our lives.

As a happy and random person, I was able to get through with every challenge I have encountered in life.

I have learned that even the most insignificant thing that we do today will have an influence on whatever the future will bring us because even those that we see as trivial and meaningless have a purpose for happening.

My friends Karen has kidney failure and undergoes dialysis weekly. She confides that she feels like a burden to her family. There have been times when she thought that her striving to fight and continuing to live were a waste because no one needs her.

I totally disagree. Never ever think that way. People need us in different ways and at different times, and sometimes we just do not realize it. Besides, there is always someone who treasures us whoever we are, wherever we are or whatever circumstances we may be in. No matter how dark our days may seem, no matter how insignificant we may feel, no matter how overshadowed we think we may be, our Heavenly Father will never forget us because He loves us with no bounds. See, we are remembered by the most majestic, powerful, and glorious God! We are important!

Life is varied, colorful, and full of surprises. It is always good to remember that your existence matters, so better get moving and move forward with your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...