Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

KCAT CAN: No Turning back time

Cinderella said (sang pala)..
A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep
In dreams you lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keep
Have faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling thru
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
the dream that you wish will come true
ayun may family pic pala kami..

"Dreams can take us anywhere if we just set them free! What we believe is what we achieve. What we imagine is what we become. What we think is what we experience."


No turning back time
by Maria Kathrina Lopez Yarza
August 9, 2010


What is your greatest dream?

I have always come across this question since I was a child. Some would say they want to become a doctor, a nurse, a teacher, an engineer, etc. My youngest brother Maro once even said he wanted to become a singing gasoline boy. Funny but I hope he’s not serious about it! My dream? I wanted to be a better me. That was the simplest answer I could think of back then and as my life went on, I realized that it is really what I want.

Some people would wish they had a time machine to rearrange their lives, to make a better tomorrow. If this was possible, life would be perfect, right? I have watched the movie “Back to the Future’’ and I loved it. But I never wanted a time machine for myself because things in the past would just hold me back. I am very satisfied with my life despite and inspite of everything. I would not be writing this column if I turned back the time to change the bad time and get rid of my disease. I would not be able to see how strong I am if life was perfect. I would not be able to inspire and give hope to those who are hopeless. This is my life, God’s plan for me and there is no turning back, just looking forward to a better tomorrow.


Let me share with you one of my favorite Bible verses:

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace. – Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Yes, there is always a time for everything, we have to make the best of it for we shall pass this way once.

My life is not normal as it used to be. I can’t do a lot of things now, physically. But that doesn’t stop me from doing the things I wanted to do to achieve my dreams. I’ve been through tough times but I did not allow myself to stop from there. And I am not losing hope that someday I will be able to walk on my own again, paint with my left hand, and hear voices clearly. It may not be soon I know, I have a strong faith that in God’s time my dream would come true.

Dreams can take us anywhere if we just set them free! What we believe is what we achieve. What we imagine is what we become. What we think is what we experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...