Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

KCAT CAN: Life

This was how I look like in  late 2005..



And this is me now.. I can't smile, but I am happy!


Life is never hopeless.. While there's life, there's hope..

LIFE
by Maria Kathrina Lopez Yarza
August 23, 2010

Friday the 13th? To think that it is a bad luck day is an absolute fallacy. I was born on Friday the 13th of May, 1983, with zero respiration, not a bad luck — but a beginning of a brighter life for me because God gave me a second chance.


My life has been filled with challenges eversince.



For instance, I used to hear everyone talk clearly, listen to my favorite music, hear the noisy world around me — but all of those were totally gone in January 2006. My health deteriorated and I became totally weak, partially paralyzed. Little by little I was able to recover but those challenges made me who I am now, a stronger person, emotionally and spiritually. I may not be as perfect as I used to be but I am so happy and satisfied because I am alive.



I got this message from my e-mail, life has so many meanings: Life is beauty; admire it. Life is bliss; taste it. Life is a dream; realize it. Life is a challenge; meet it. Life is a duty; complete it. Life is a game; play it. Life is a promise; fulfill it. Life is sorrow; overcome it. Life is a song; sing it. Life is a struggle; accept it. Life is a tragedy; confront it. Life is an adventure; dare it. Life is luck; make it. Life is too precious; do not destroy it.



*****



There may be so many definitions of life but I can only describe it in one word – it is LIFE itself. If we live life to the fullest, we can see its beautiful meaning.



“You are not an accident. Your birth was no mistake or mishap, and life is no fluke of nature. Your parents may not have planned you, bur God did. He was not at all surprised by your birth. In fact, He expected it” (an excerpt from The Purpose Driven Life)



I am a product of a teenage marriage, my mom was 18 then and my dad was 20. It was not planned; it may be an accident for them. But true enough, God planned it for me. He gave me so many chances to live.



I was not breathing when I was born, but I was revived. In college, a robber pointed a knife at my face to get my mobile phone, but I was strong enough to fight for my life. In 2005 during my two month-confinement at PGH, some people and even my doctors thought I could not make it, but I did. God saved me.



Yes, there is a reason for our existence.



We may not really notice it, but when we look back trying to figure out everything, we’ll find the answers. And as I go on with my life, I am coming to realize what God’s purpose for me. I’ve gone through tough times, but that made me stronger and stronger to face more challenges in my journey.



“If you had seen Kathrina during her worst time, I did not think that she was going to survive. But she not only survived, she bounced back, and now she’s leading her own campaign in trying to better herself, trying to seek additional treatment. Best two words to describe her is number one, she is amazingly positive in her attitude. And number two, gutsy, never say die.” – Dr. Willie G. Lopez (my neurosurgeon)



I believe, this may be God’s purpose on me; to be able to share with you His works on me. He has showered with a lot of blessing and He continues to shower more. God is alive in each one of us. We just need to bend our knees, hold our hands together and open our hearts to Him. Miracles happen believe me. We just have to keep our faith.



Life is not perfect. But it is how you face it that’s worth living for. And from there you will find out how beautiful it is to live. Masarap mabuhay, tikman niyo, libre ito!!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...