Pages

Monday, July 13, 2015

Looking at the bright side

"Ang tagal mo na palang nagtitiis."

Someone told me that when she learned that I was diagnosed with NF in 2004, got really week in 2005 and became totally deaf in 2006. I asked her, “Nagtitiis?” Because I don’t think I am literally suffering hence there’s no need for me to endure it. You might think that I’m just acting tough but that’s how I really feel. These sufferings don’t really make me feel like I am suffering ever since. I felt pain that had me crying, unconscious, in delirium state, etc. (on the scale of 1-10 and 10 as the highest, I have experienced pain that's 10 countless of times). I used to be in so much pain & up to now, I usually feel those pain once in a while but that’s just it. Yes, I'm living in pain but I don't think that my life is suffering too. NF is NF, Kcat is Kcat.

Am I too positive and looking at the bright side too much? I don’t think so. It’s helping me and it has helped me a lot.
“Positive thinking doesn't mean that you keep your head in the sand and ignore life's less pleasant situations. Positive thinking just means that you approach unpleasantness in a more positive and productive way. You think the best is going to happen, not the worst."  (Mayo Clinic)

I’ve always believed that I’m an optimist, yet I’m always in-check with reality and has a firm grip on it. I am an optimist realist!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...