Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

Awesome Saturday Family Dinner at Melo's!


Because weekend dinner is best spend with family…

Last Saturday (February 1), my family and I welcomed this LOVE month with a very luxurious, super delicious and awesomely wonderful dinner, thanks to Melo's - Home of Certified Angus Beef and Wagyu in Westgate, Alabang.

Like Talitha said in her Instagram, Appetizers pa lang, busog na!

Melo's Homemade Roll w/ Butter
We started with complimentary bread, which is indeed soft, hot and delicious like the description on the photo posted at Melo’s Facebook page. Spread it with butter (I love butter!), perfect! That’s only the start, or rather before the actual meal starts.

Chicken Liver Pâté with Toasts
Then came in the Chicken Liver Pâté with Toast – it’s flavorful, creamy, delicious; I like it!

Gambas
Melo’s Gambas – Sautéed shrimp in olive oil and garlic. Maro’s does not eat shrimp (or haven’t discovered how delicious it is), but he took a bite of this and he said it was delicious; he likes the flavor although he doesn’t really eat shrimp. That’s a good start for him.

Oyster Rockefeller
Truly, the best oyster Rockefeller is at Melo’s! Fresh oysters that are baked with hollandaise sauce topped with bacon, mozzarella and parmesan cheese – Winner!

Waldorf Salad
Waldorf Salad – assorted lettuce leaves, duck breast, walnuts, apples, raisins and Melo's homemade mayonnaise…heaven!

Soup of the day
French Onion Soup is the soup of the day. Maro really like this and finished my mom’s bowl.
Steak. Steak. Steak. But not just ordinary steak.
Mouthwatering steaks and more more more! Just like how the description on Melo’s page said it. Juicy. Delicious. Satisfying. Tender. Soft. Rightly-cooked. Flavorful. Perfect! You don’t believe me? Just look at the pictures. The quality of the photos isn’t good but despite the not-so-good pictures, the lusciousness of the steaks still shows. Rignt?

Angus Rib-eye Steak

Angus Rice
That time, they had an on-going Angus Family Promo – 500grams Angus Rib-eye with Angus Rice for 3-4 persons perfect for 3-4 persons.

Wagyu Rib-eye
We also had Wagyu Rib-eye Grade 6. I always like my steak well-done because rare for me is raw, not until I’ve experienced eating a rightly-cooked wagyu steak at Melo’s. It doesn’t feel like I was eating raw beef even if it seemed uncooked; it’s actually soft and flavorful. Who would have thought, a steak can melt in your mouth.
Filleto Tartufatto Tenderloin with Foie Gras in Truffle Oil Sauce
Filleto Tartufatto Tenderloin with Foie Gras in Truffle Oil Sauce. When I was watching Pasta (Korean Drama), I started wondering what Foie Gras (pronounced as fwah-grrah) coz it’s one of their restaurant’s best-seller. When I learned that it’s liver, I thought ‘never mind’. But it’s actually Pâté, so I go curious. And I’m lucky to have my 1st taste of it at Melo’s. Ang saraaaaaap! I decided to put Foie Gras on my super long list of favorite foods!

Strawberry Cheesecake

Chocolatta
Because the best desserts follow the best steak dinners, we were served with Chocolatta and Strawberry Cheesecake. Even though we were also so full, no one can resist these delightful desserts.

With the staff and Sir Frankie who were all very well-trained, attentive and friendly.

Rare family picture
I’m not exaggerating, it’s really the most sumptuous and delicious meal I had..ever! This is something everyone should try at least once in your lifetime, on a very very very special occasion – though I doubt that there won’t be a second time.

Thank you for inviting us at Melo’s Ma’am Caron & Sir Paul Macasaet !

----------
Melo's - Alabang
41 Precinct, Westgate Center
Alabang, Filinvest, Muntinlupa City
Tel: 771-2288 & 771-3945

Melo's - Fort Bonifacio
Burgos Circle cor Forbestown Road
Fort Bonifacio, Taguig
Tel: 403-5968 & 403-5969

Melo's - Quezon City
58 Sgt. Esguerra (formerly Bohol Ave.)
Quezon City (across ABS-CBN)
Tel: 924-9194 & 924-9168

Website: http://www.melosteaks.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MeloSteaks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...