Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Storyteller

I've been busy these past few week preparing for my so-called speech for Disability Week.. I made an AVP so that I don't have to explain my story.. Tapos yung point kagad! Defeating Deafness daw eh.. Wala ng ek-ek na di related.. So, kwento lang.. Though magulo ata ako magsalita.. Haha! I kept on pausing eh kasi number 1 have phlegm.. i felt like coughing pero or parang mapapaos ako bigla.. number 2, coz I keep on hearing myself.. nadidistruct ako sa sarili ko! haha! and number 3, it always cross my mind: "do they understand my voice?" hehe!

after my speech, I asked my mom:
tacK: "naintindihan niyo ba boses ko?"
mami: "oo, tumatawa naman sila"

haha! eh kasi nga kung anu-ano pinagsasabi ko.. Haha!




Ay, I have a kwento pala! Related pa din today coz it happened this morning.. Realization lang..
I slept around 12am lastnight coz I did some finishing touches on my AVP and my script (outline lang.. but I didn't follow it).. So when I finally on my bed, ready to sleep, I prayed and ask God to wake me up at around 5am.. Nag-utos ba daw! So I went to sleep.. While I was sleeping and dreaming, I felt my right arm itching.. I kinda woke-up because of that but I'm still sleepy and I saw that my mom is still award, but I wasn't able to check the time coz my eyes are still blurry and I'm just half (or 1/4) awake.. Tapos I saw my mom pa.. Kaya I thought matagal pa.. So I just went back to sleep.. And woke up at 7:30am.. 7:30! The Program is at 9am and it takes us 1 1/2 - 2 hours to prepare plus 20-30minutes travel time.. We're late! I hurriedly got up my bed (sit lang syempre) and woke up my mom.. I was thinking "Lord, sabi ko sa'yo gisingin mo ko eh" Then while we're preparing I asked my mom what time she sleep? "around 5:30am" and the time I was half-awake is around 5am.. Ha! Ay, God did really wake me up.. Sometimes, we ask for signs from God and think that He didn't send any but He did and we're busy with something else, we ignor He's sign.. Dba? Ayun lang..

Btw, when I checked my email this afternoon, I saw this and got my attention.. Tamang timing.. Share ko lang din..
The man whispered, "God, speak to me," and a meadowlark sang.
But the man did not hear.

So the man yelled, "God, speak to me," and the thunder rolled across the sky.
But the man did not listen.

The man looked around and said, "God, let me see you." And a star shined brightly.
But the man did not see.

And the man shouted, "God, show me a miracle." And a life was born.
But the man did not notice.

So, the man cried out in despair, "Touch me, God, and let me know you are here." Whereupon, God reached down and touched the man.
But the man brushed the butterfly away and walked on.


I found this to be a great reminder that God is always around us in the little and simple things that we take for granted -- even in our electronic age.

So I would like to add one more:

The man cried, "God, I need your help!" And an e-mail arrived reaching out with good news and encouragement.

But, the man deleted it and continued crying.

Don't miss out on a blessing, because it isn't packaged the way that you expect.

2 comments:

  1. hihi, ang cute ng award. "kcat" yarza! :D ngayon ko pa lang vview avp mo, am sure maganda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. maganda kasi ako! hahaha! popost ko pa pala yun dito sa mga blogs ko..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...