Pages

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Do not be afraid. Keep going. Never give up.

People often ask me for advice about life and stuff but I’m not too keen on giving advice because I don’t really think I really know the right words to say. Instead, I share what I can from my own personal experiences. Everything I say is based on a true story — my story.

From time to time, I get to talk with different friends who are all going through the same things in life: feeling lost, hopelessness, losing faith frustrations, scared of facing what tomorrow might bring, problems, etc. etc. etc.

Here are some of the words I said to my friends that I believe are too good not to share:


When you need to LET GO & LET GOD…
PRAY. As in talk to God and tell Him everything that's been bothering you. It may sound cliché but it really really works. Talk to Him just like how you talk with your friends. Like He's just there listening. Tell Him everything — all your worries, your frustrations, your sadness, your angst and everything and anything. That's what I've been doing ever since I can’t really remember when. Regardless of what my problems or worries are, health-related or not, everything and anything about myself and about life, I would let it all out to Him or more of passing it on to Him so He can take-over handle it. GOD HELPS ME HANDLE IT. Yes, I am also just like everyone else who has lots of problems, worries & frustrations. But after pouring it all to God, I would always feel comforted afterwards. As they say, Let go & let God and it's so true. I'm not really trying to be religious here, but it's really a fact that God is really a big part of what I am today.

When you want to hold on to your FAITH…
Even though you are feeling so down, hopeless and helpless, keep holding on to your Faith and never let go. That’s also how I felt when I had an anxiety attack in April 2006. I held on to my faith and also, I literally held on to a small crucifix (haha). 

When God leads your steps…
Even me, it took a lot of years before I was able to feel this way, I feel so good and I've been experiencing successive improvements. Very little improvements but improvements are improvements. It took 12 years to happen. It's so long, right? But it happened, is happening and will happen in God's perfect time; not our own definition of time. Just keep on doing your best in moving forward with your life. God helps those who help themselves. For as long as we are moving forward with our lives (in making it better), God will definitely lead our steps.

When you want to live a positive life…
Think of ALL the happy things and the blessings in your life. Just being alive is already a blessing. And there are a lot of things. Keep thinking about those things. I'm not really sure if I'm saying the right things to you. I don't really know how to give advices but everything I say is based from my experience and I find it very effective. It may be a bit hard at first but if you keep doing it, you'll get used to doing it naturally & easily. It wasn't really easy for me when I was growing up. I was very sickly. I was diagnosed with different illness and learned that I have NF when I was 21. Even when I was born, I wasn't breathing when I came out of my mom's womb. Etc. Etc. And when I was still a child, I decided that I'll be an optimist & I'll try to live a bright and happy life. I told myself that when I learned the meaning of my favorite color which is yellow. And I liked the word "optimism" so I decided to live according to its meaning. It was a very childish decision at first and I kept on doing it until it became part of me.

When you feel different…
i can't really say that everything is going to be alright, but want to tell you: “YOU CAN DO IT!" Never ever give up. And also, you are still very blessed because whatever you’re going through could have been worse but it’s not. Life goes on and keep moving forward with it. And always remember that you are not really different from others, but uniquely different just like everyone else. 

When you want change to happen…
But reality is, we can't really do something for people to change. Change comes from the results of our choices. So for now, just choose to live this very ordinary life, extraordinarily well. 

When God never left you behind…
Whatever you're going through right now, with God, you can do it & you'll get through it. It takes time, but it sure is worth it. Even me, I also used to be in the bottom; even flat on the ground. We encountered lots of problems, struggles, hardships, etc. and after a long long time, we were able to survive and good things keeps on happening because God was with me all through out and I am very much aware of it.

When you give your 101% trust to God…
Put your 100% trust in God. Don’t just say it, but really do it! IT’S OUR CHOICE. Yes, our life is all planned out by God but He gave us all the greatest gift called free-will. So, use it very well.

When you know that a danger might occur...
One of my brain tumors can become aggressive and harmful soon even though it's harmless right now. Since I know what harm it could possibly cause me— it will make my left leg weaker, I decided to race with it and make it to the first place. I am currently making my left leg stronger so that when the time comes that my brain tumor acts up and becomes aggressive, my left leg will be stronger by then and I'll be able to say: "I HAVE COME PREPARED!"

When people say bad things about you…
Silence is really louder than words and I choose not to react and talk-back and waste my energy on them. I let silence speak for me. Besides, silence is the best revenge.

When some people just don’t understand…
Just let them be. Let then think what they want to think. No matter what, we can’t really do something about how people think and react because it’s their own choice. What really matters is don’t let their bad thoughts and reactions affect you in anyway and most of all, don’t think too little of yourself because of them.

When you made a choice…
In the end, it's all up to us. The choice is ours to make. Just put in mind that our choices has either good or bad results in the end.


After every conversation, I always feel amazed and say: “THANK YOU SO MUCH, LORD!”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...